like Facebook follow Twitter watch YouTube subscribe RSS Feed

I HAVE A BEEHIVE IN LAWNDALE THAT IS EASY TO GET TOO. WHO WANTS IT?

Home Forums Bulletin Board I HAVE A BEEHIVE IN LAWNDALE THAT IS EASY TO GET TOO. WHO WANTS IT?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  susan rudnicki 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Gary Golding
    Participant

Let me know what you think.

David
    Participant

Hi Gary,

Would you email me at davidcaring@gmail.com?

Thanks,
    David

Nick Forys
    Participant

Assuming it’s gone

susan rudnicki
    Participant

Beeks—when posting like this, you will help the responder much more by giving DETAILED information about the bees.

Is it a open air hive?

Is it a hive within structure?

How long has it been there?

How high is it?

The words “swarm” and “hive” are often used interchangeably, but they mean different things—these terms are not the same thing.

Whose property is this on and what is the relationship with the property owner?

Is the property owner willing to for the work to be done?

The mentoring of a newbee to get the swarm or do a cutout is fundamentally important for the safety of the public and protection of reputations. Is the poster offering to mentor? If not, please clearly state this position.

Chelsea just posted on July 9th the underlying important principles—printed here again.

Education (both research and hands on) and getting all necessary beekeeping gear (including a suit and a well stocked first aid kit/EpiPen) are the first steps to becoming a responsible urban beekeeper. We all need to do our part to keep the beekeeping community in the best of standing with our neighbors and the city!

Here is a list of recommendations we put together before thinking of getting your own bees:
    http://honeylove.org/organic-beekeeping-kit/
    beekeeping equipment

We also encourage you to join us each month at the HoneyLove Sanctuary to learn hands on how to handle bees BEFORE getting them in your own backyard: http://www.meetup.com/HoneyLove/events/187206002/

Please help us to make LA a safe and responsible place for urban beekeeping to thrive!

Gary Golding
    Participant

Feel free to call me at 310-488-2842
    It’s a very low and super easy to get to open hive.

Gary Golding
    Participant

No, I still have it and it’s an open hive and super easy to reach.
    Call me at 310-488-2842

susan rudnicki
    Participant

Gary—OK, we have the first couple important questions answered, but the last 3 are not addressed in your reply. We have a lot of newbees with need for guidance, so to be safe and responsible about cutouts and other bee rescues, this information is fundamentally important. Please post to the list the responses needed to fill in the blanks. Again, from the earlier post—

Whose property is this on and what is the relationship with the property owner?

Is the property owner willing to pay for the work to be done?

The mentoring of a newbee to get the swarm or do a cutout is fundamentally important for the safety of the public and protection of reputations. Is the poster offering to mentor? If not, please clearly state this position

Susan

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Subscribe

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.