On August 17th join HoneyLove as we celebrate National Honey Bee Day to honor the insect responsible more than 1/3 of the food we eat with beekeepers, beekeeping clubs and associations, and honey bee enthusiasts from all across the country. We take this opportunity to celebrate honey bees and recognize their contribution to our everyday lives as a means of protecting this critical species for future generations. We also pay homage to beekeepers, whose labors ensure we have bees to pollinate our crops. Join us August 17th online and in person!
Do The Waggle Dance! Join our Flash Mob!
We hope to inspire honeybee themed flash mobs all across the country! Join us as we shake our stingers from coast to coast and send us your videos. You can learn the dance we choreographed and plan your own flash mobs wherever you live, or if you are in Los Angeles you can join us @ 2pm when we perform it live at The Third Street Promenade. You can upload your videos HERE.
LEARN THE FLASHMOB WAGGLE DANCE AND PERFORM IT WITH US @2PM!!
Organize something in your neighborhood!
It can be as simple as just taking a photo with / of your bees, or if you’re up for an adventure you can get the kids doing the waggle dance at home or organize full-out flash mob somewhere public! Throw a party with your bee club or visit a local Lush store, whatever you do send us your photos and videos!
Celebrate bees on the interwebs! Here’s how:
– Like HoneyLove on Facebook and on National Honey Bee Day we’ll post photos and infographics. Please share them with your friends!
– Follow HoneyLove on Twitter and @ tag us with tweets using the #yaybees hashtag
– Add us on Instagram and tag us in your photos
– Connect with us on Vine and tag us in your videos
– Join our Meetup group for more details on our Santa Monica event
– Subscribe to our YouTube channel to watch a live stream from Santa Monica and watch the waggle dance video
Click here to download the handout (shown above)!