like Facebook follow Twitter watch YouTube subscribe RSS Feed

Where can I buy some spats? Or anything equivalent.

Home Forums HoneyLove Forum Where can I buy some spats? Or anything equivalent.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • #7507
    Karim Sahli


    Tape only goes so far. I would like something more simple and more effective. During one of the Honey Love presentations, I have seen something to protect ankles and close any space between the shoes and the outfit.

    I looked for spats online and can’t find any — expect in England. Any idea where to find some?

    Thank you.
    Best Regards,

    • This topic was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by Karim Sahli.

    Check sporting goods stores. They are usually called gaiters.

    (I may be one of the few on this list familiar with the term “spats”, it is not something the younger generation has heard.)

    Max Morgan

    Karim – you might want to try something called “gaiters” that hikers wear to keep ticks off their ankles and rocks out of their shoes. I wear a pair that have plastic plates in them for rattlesnake protection when I hike “off trail”. You can find them at at Sport Chalet, Rei etc. also has them. Here’s a link:


    Hey Karim!

    We use these bootbands up at the Sanctuary (they help a little):

    Best bet for ankle protection though is boots! Rain Boots, Cowboy Boots… any kind of boot =)

    William Lewis

    I get them from Mann-Lake. Item CL-265 ($19.95) They call them “Canvas Leggins”. They are great!

    Karim Sahli

    Thank you all for your help!
    My gaiters are on their way.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.


Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.