like Facebook follow Twitter watch YouTube subscribe RSS Feed

West Hollywood bee call

Home Forums HoneyLove Forum West Hollywood bee call

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  susan rudnicki 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

susan rudnicki

A man who heard the HL presentation at the Nat. Hist. Museum last year has called based on his good memories of the experience. He is Tee Hubbard, the bee swarm is the size of a volleyball, in front of his house in a tree, 8965 Dicks St. West Hollywood, 90069
    323-973-0885. He had called the city earlier in the afternoon and then had second thoughts that they would exterminate the bees, so called me. (don’t know how he got my number….)

susan rudnicki

Tee called me later to say someone named Ramon came last night and got these bees. He does not know Ramon’s last name Susan

Ramon Barba
    Participant

Hello Susan, my last name is Barba. I rescued the bees last night I corralled, lassoed, and hog tied the bees in less than 10 minutes. I think it was a successful rescue, it was late at night and nobody in the street.

susan rudnicki

OK! Did not know you, have we met? Glad you got them—way too far for me

Ramon Barba
    Participant

Hello Susan, yes we met at the queen rearing workshop with Les Crowder and my son and I picked up some bees at your house last week. The two swarms I tried to establish at my yard did not seem to like it and left the box. I am trying out a top bar hive at a different location in my yard in hopes that the bees like it and stay.

susan rudnicki

I would try the piece of queen excluder taped over the entrance as a experiment with the next one.

michael pigneguy
    Participant

Hi Susan,
    Kirk suggested contacting you here re swarms….. i have one hive (about 18months old ) with lots of drone brood and failing queen. He suggested getting hold of a swarm, cutting out drone brood and dumping swarm in. Any help in that area would be greatly appreciated. I’m in Mt. Washington, 90065.

susan rudnicki

Michael—-I need a phone and email contact to help you. How do you know queen is failing? At this time of year, successful strong hives will have a lot of drone brood. Please mention if you are seeing eggs, and open brood of all ages. Does the queen have open comb to lay in the brood nest? I am at 310-374-4779
    susanrudnicki@gmail.com

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About susan rudnicki

Going into my 3rd year of beekeeping. Have 9 hives, work with the City of Manhattan Beach, re-homing bees in conflict with citizens. Allowed to keep bees at the Public Works yard (6 hives) in exchange for this work.

Subscribe

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.