like Facebook follow Twitter watch YouTube subscribe RSS Feed

Torrance Legalization Effort

Home Forums HoneyLove Forum Torrance Legalization Effort

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  susan rudnicki 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Ed Garcia
    Participant

Hello Fellow Beekeepers
    I have received a notice from Torrance Community Development Director requesting Beekeeper participation in a couple of events. Read her e-mail below and contact me if you wish to do a presentation. Thanks.

“We are moving into community outreach regarding bees and chickens and would like to enlist your help if possible. Right now there are two events scheduled that we would love to have some knowledgeable beekeepers attend.
    The first is a meeting of the Old Torrance Homeowners Association on March 19 at 7:00 in the Bartlett Center. For this meeting staff will do a brief presentation regarding the proposed changes in the municipal code, and then would like to have some information presented by beekeepers and chicken owners. We believe that when our residents can learn from people who are actively involved they will be better able to make an informed decision about the code changes.

The second event, and perhaps the most important, is our environmental fair which is set for June 7 from 10 to 2 at the City Yard. We hope that we can have both a beekeeper booth and a chicken booth, and we will use the event to educate and get feedback to present to the Commission and Council.

let me know if you or any of your group members would be willing to help us with these events. Thank you!

Linda Cessna

Deputy Community Development Director

susan rudnicki

I replied to Linda urging her to contact people I know who live in Torrance and sending their contact info. I went to 3 of the meetings last year, but think it makes more sense for the people who will benefit to do the legwork.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Subscribe

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.