like Facebook follow Twitter watch YouTube subscribe RSS Feed

Swarm Available

Home Forums HoneyLove Forum Swarm Available

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Michael Gentile 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Max Morgan
    Participant

I just grabbed a swarm that is boxed (cardboard) and ready for adoption in Valencia. If anyone is interested, give me a call on my cell phone (661.312.3910). I live about 6 miles from 6 Flags Magic Mountain.

Max

Max Morgan
    Participant

Bees are taken!

Michael Gentile
    Participant

Thanks again Max! They actually ate their way out of the box yesterday evening before I returned home, so I waited until nightfall for them to get land locked before taking them home.

Now they have been installed into my hive with comb, but I was not able to grab the brood I wanted since I was waiting for them to land and regroup.

I plan on going to a hive in an irrigation box tonight to get some brood and hopefully the crushed up lemongrass I put in the box will keep them happy til then!

Max Morgan
    Participant

Michael – Sounds good! I just grabbed another, much heavier swarm. The swarming season has started about 3 weeks early up here. Give me a call if you need some more bees. (661) 312-3910

Max

Michael Gentile
    Participant

Hi Max!

Turns out that they absconded before I could get them some brood. While I have one cut out still settling in, I could use as many swarms as you can supply because I can fill 3 more hives and then start joining them.

I am working on putting a bee vac together to make the process easier on everyone. The last cutout was as the sun was setting and it got messy with honey/brood spillage and no light source. I ended up drowning too many for comfort and should have kept more of the honey.

I did not get your response for some reason… will check the setting on this post.

Michael Gentile
    Participant

Hi Max! OK, so it turns out that a new swarm moved into my box that I had some lemongrass crushed up in (the same one that your swarm absconded from). I am still looking for more, but at least two of my boxes are buzzing!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Subscribe

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.