like Facebook follow Twitter watch YouTube subscribe RSS Feed

Santa Monica Swarm in Tree

Home Forums HoneyLove Forum Santa Monica Swarm in Tree

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Marc Maxey 6 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Marc Maxey
    Participant

Hello all,

I have a swarm of bees in the tree outside my house. The address is 245 Beach St. (between 2nd and 3rd, one block south of Ocean Park) in Santa Monica. It’s a little larger than a basketball-size, and they’re about 15 feet up the tree. I tried to shake them into a nuke box yesterday afternoon, but was unsuccessful at getting everyone to go inside….I think the queen stayed on the branch so all the bees clustered back to the same spot. I left the nuke box up there hoping they would eventually decide to go in on their own, but they’re still in a clump. If someone else would like to take a stab at capturing the swarm please stop by, and the bees are yours!

Best,
    Marc

Marc Maxey
    Participant

Well, the bees have flown to another tree down third st. near strand. It is much too high for anyone to safely go up there (and the tree limbs are merely twigs at that point) I’ll keep an eye on them and let you if they move to a better location.

Best,
    marc

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Subscribe

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.