like Facebook follow Twitter watch YouTube subscribe RSS Feed

No one wants to learn cutouts!!??

Home Forums HoneyLove Forum No one wants to learn cutouts!!??

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    susan rudnicki
    Participant

Still trying to get a few newbees interested in learning how to cut out a hive from a unwanted place and transfer gently and humanely into a hive box. You get free mentoring, a nice colony of bees, and the opportunity to see bees living as they choose. I have several municipal meter boxes that need moving by Manhattan Beach city. Call me Susan 310-374-4779

ceebs bailey

This is a great opportunity! I’ve emailed a few newbees and hope they get to you first.

cb..

Karen Rose
    Participant

We might be interested once we get settled in after our move.

Olivia Ferrari
    Participant

Ceebs, thanks for sending this to me! I have a call in now.

susan rudnicki
    Participant

olivia—I have tried to call your phone 7 times—no outgoing message and a recording that says, “Sorry, please call again later” Susan

Bernard Ibarra
    Participant

Good evening Susan
    This Bernard from Redondo Beach.
    I have been keeping beehives in RPV thus I am slowly learning about my new passion.
    This evening, in my own backyard, I have noticed that there is a wild hive that has been started in a garbage container. I did not have my suit with me thus I stepped aside and did not disturb the bees much. I just wanted to clean up this container, did not think about bees, got close by, began to lift the lid and noticed many bees on the edge of the container that has been slightly open for a while. I blocked away slowly, they were not aggressive at all.
    I have a clean beehive in my yard ready to be populated. I am not so sure about how to go about but I would very much like to move that wild hive into my beehive.
    Do you have any word of advice or would you have any time to coach me on this?
    Thank you so much, Susan.
    Bernard.

Bernard Ibarra
    Participant

Susan,
    In my last email, I meant to write:”this is Bernard” and also:”I walked away” and not:”I blocked away”…

susan rudnicki
    Participant

Bernard!! Yes, I remember—your son got stung when the family came to my house with everyone dressed in black! Well, there is a lot of news here—I have to catch up with what you have been doing with hives in RPV. Yes, I can mentor you in moving the colony from your trash can to a hive. One of my own favorite hives is “the Santa Monica trash can bees” because that was their origin a couple years ago. First, let us talk by phone—I am 310-374-4779–and then I need to know your address. I have several jobs lined up for this coming week, so we have to figure out a time. Your trash can bees may be quite small still so it would not hurt to let them grow a bit. Also, typically, very young, small colonies like this are not aggressive. Let me know Susan

susan rudnicki
    Participant

Bernard!! Yes, I remember—your son got stung when the family came to my house with everyone dressed in black! Well, there is a lot of news here—I have to catch up with what you have been doing with hives in RPV. Yes, I can mentor you in moving the colony from your trash can to a hive. One of my own favorite hives is “the Santa Monica trash can bees” because that was their origin a couple years ago. First, let us talk by phone—I am 310-374-4779–and then I need to know your address. I have several jobs lined up for this coming week, so we have to figure out a time. Your trash can bees may be quite small still so it would not hurt to let them grow a bit. Also, typically, very young, small colonies like this are not aggressive. Let me know Susan

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘HoneyLove Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.

About susan rudnicki

Been beekeeping almost 5 years now. Have 27 hives,(2 client hives) I work with the City of Manhattan Beach, re-homing bees in conflict with citizens. Allowed to keep bees at the Public Works yard (19 hives) in exchange for this work. I do many presentations for HoneyLove, teach bee students, rescue bees and sell honey.

Subscribe

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.