like Facebook follow Twitter watch YouTube subscribe RSS Feed

HIVE COMPLETE WITH BEES FOR SALE

Home Forums Bulletin Board HIVE COMPLETE WITH BEES FOR SALE

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Ed 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Ed
    Participant

I am being swarmed! I have captured four swarms in my backyard in a six week period and I now have more hives than I need. This swarm arrived on May 4th and I hived it in a single 8 frame medium box on May 18th. The bees are feral survivor stock and are building their own comb. I do not use any foundation or chemicals in the hive. A recent inspection confirms that this queen-right colony is growing rapidly and there is lots of brood of all stages plus eggs. I added a second box and moved up 2 frames of brood so the hive is now two boxes high. The bees were easy to work. This hive is now available for $195.

The hive is in a fully assembled Brushy Mountain 8 frame medium hive 2 boxes high and has some new and some used components. The exterior has been treated with raw linseed oil. See link below for a view of the Brushy Mountain Hive: https://www.brushymountainbeefarm.com/8-Frm-Medium-UNassembled-Hive-w-Grv.Top-Grv-BB-Frms.

This hive would bee good for a novice beekeeper with some beekeeping experience, or if you are new to beekeeping and have a mentor this would bee a good opportunity as well. Call Ed at 818-347-7050. Leave a message if necessary.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Ed

We keep Bees, Chickens and California Native Plants.

Subscribe

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.