like Facebook follow Twitter watch YouTube subscribe RSS Feed

Hive at Ocean View Farms Needs a Home

Home Forums Bulletin Board Hive at Ocean View Farms Needs a Home

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Christy Wilhelmi 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Christy Wilhelmi
    Participant

A colony has taken up residence at Ocean View Farms organic community garden. It’s in a plot, on a table, inside a watermain box (no water main there, just the box). It was a swarm several months ago, so it’s pretty established now. The plot owner tried to move the colony himself (he’s not a beekeeper) and they went nuts. I told them I can come with my nuc to get it but I don’t have a home for it. If interested please call me at 310-773-4806 or email christy@gardenerd.com.

ceebs bailey
    Participant

Hey Christy! A gardener there contacted me about it and I offered to move it to the HoneyLove Sanctuary. Let me know if this conflicts with info you already have. If anyone wants to learn how to do a small cutout, email me!

Christy Wilhelmi
    Participant

Oh, perfect. You go right ahead! Was is Amanda Goodpaster? She was going to call me, but hasn’t yet. So I’m guessing she called you directly.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Christy Wilhelmi

I teach people how to grow their own food through classes, consulting and food garden design/installation. We keep chickens and bees too--a great combination!

Subscribe

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.