like Facebook follow Twitter watch YouTube subscribe RSS Feed

HELP! I NEED A NUC OR HIVE BOX

Home Forums HoneyLove Forum HELP! I NEED A NUC OR HIVE BOX

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Gary Golding 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Gary Golding
    Participant

I have a swarm in a tree since yesterday and I really need a nuc or hive box to put it in. I just need a box! HELP!
    Please call Gary: 310-488-2842

ceebs bailey
    Participant

Gary—
    You can use a ventilated cardboard box in the meantime. What are you going to put the bees in after?
    Why don’t you run down to L.A. Honey and grab a few nuc boxes? You will definitely need to get set up with supplies regardless. It’s spring.

cb..

Gary Golding
    Participant

I asked to buy one when I was helping make them and no one gave me a straight answer.
    How and when can I get one?
    Thank you so much for responding Ceebs.
    Gary

ceebs bailey
    Participant

Ah, Gary, I get it. Those were swarm boxes that a passing swarm might move into; it helps us capture them to prevent the bees from landing elsewhere and possibly being exterminated. A swarm box is not what you need.
    What you’re looking for is something to put your tree swarm into to start your hive. You can capture this swarm in a plain, well ventilated cardboard box if you want to just to contain the bees for the short term but you must then get busy and get the rest of your equipment ready to house the colony.

Does that answer your question?

cb..

Gary Golding
    Participant

Not really. You see I need at least a Nuc Box so they can live in it for a short time if need be. I know about capturing them in any old ventilated box but they were better off in the tree. I wanted at least a nuc box so they can relax for some days or weeks if need be. I really need nuc box.

Thank you Ceebs.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Subscribe

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.