like Facebook follow Twitter watch YouTube subscribe RSS Feed

Free Hive to Good Home

Home Forums HoneyLove Forum Free Hive to Good Home

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Marc Maxey 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Marc Maxey
    Participant

Hello,

I have a hive that I’d like to go to a good home….and also to an experienced bee keeper. My bees built their comb across the frames, so it will need some major renovation. My wife and I are going to be traveling for the rest of the summer and would like to see the hive go to someone who has the time and experience to take care of it. I can transport the hive to a location within 30 miles of Santa Monica one evening this week. We are leaving on the 17th so please let me know ASAP if you want it. I have a new medium super and frames that will come with it.

Best,
    marc

susan rudnicki

Marc—If I were you, I would offer the experienced beek (the only type of person who SHOULD be adopting a neglected hive, for the skills it will require to rectify the issues) some sort of monetary reward for taking it off your hands. This is no different than the homeowner who wants beeks to do a cutout for free—this will be a cutout job. Many of the experienced folks here are getting inundated with “problem hives” that are a great deal of work and often have vicious bees to go with them, from lack of proper management. Please provide information about what size hive bodies they are currently in, as well, so the prospective re-homer can figure out the overall size of the hive—I don’t see a description here. There is also very little time allotted for this rehoming if you are leaving in 4 days. I hope you understand the issues better with this explanation. Susan

Marc Maxey
    Participant

Thanks to all the experienced beekeepers who have reached out to adopt this hive. It is definitely going to a good home. To all those who have contacted me, I am keeping your info in case the arrangements I’ve made fall through.

Best,
    marc

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Subscribe

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.