like Facebook follow Twitter watch YouTube subscribe RSS Feed

"Feral bees"—writings of Kirk Webster, Jan '16

Home Forums HoneyLove Forum "Feral bees"—writings of Kirk Webster, Jan '16

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    susan rudnicki
    Participant

I hope you all will take the time to read this piece for the wisdom it imparts from a eminent beek practicing the keeping, not just talking about “science” and how it will deliver us from evil. I am really weary of the characterization that these folks are “anecdotal” examples of the way forward. We can continue to analyze the microscopic view, missing the way Nature really works, but the solutions are not forthcoming because the rules of Nature can’t be submissive to our desires.
    Thanks Susan

http://kirkwebster.com/index.php/feral-bees

A quote—-
    It’s time to retire varroa from its position as chief beekeeping problem and focus instead on the real long-term threats to our bees and ourselves: loss of habitat and poisoning of the environment. The experience of my career has shown me that honeybees can adapt to tracheal and varroa mites. They can adapt to rapidly changing weather patterns. But they can’t adapt to a world with no honey plants or to the poisons of a predatory and destructive agricultural system. The idea that “Industrial Agriculture is the only way to feed the world”, is ridiculous and indefensible.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘HoneyLove Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.

About susan rudnicki

Been beekeeping almost 5 years now. Have 27 hives,(2 client hives) I work with the City of Manhattan Beach, re-homing bees in conflict with citizens. Allowed to keep bees at the Public Works yard (19 hives) in exchange for this work. I do many presentations for HoneyLove, teach bee students, rescue bees and sell honey.

Subscribe

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.