like Facebook follow Twitter watch YouTube subscribe RSS Feed

Co-Op considers bee hive

Home Forums HoneyLove Forum Co-Op considers bee hive

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Enci Box
    Participant

Hello HoneyLovers,

My son’s nursery school co-op has a beautiful vegetable and fruit garden that is filled with bugs, bees, and happy kids. I was talking to the person who tends to the garden if they would consider having a beehive at the back of the yard, as there are already bees there and the kids (age 2 1/2 to 5) just built a bunch of bug houses a couple weeks ago. 🙂

Several parents seemed enthusiastic about this and I would love to make this a reality but there are no funds for this.

I was wondering if there are any keepers out there, who would consider donating any equipment to start the hive. We don’t need bees nor a queen as I just want to put the empty super with empty frames out to attract a local hive but I’d love to get a box with frames donated as well as some lemongrass oil or just lemon grass and whatever else can be donated.

Any help would be appreciated!

Enci

susan rudnicki
    Participant

Hi, Enci—one thing that should be discussed ahead of time (so no unsafe situations develop with bees that might move in) is who would be qualified and dedicated to maintaining the hive and its inspections and documentation. Do you already have someone in mind? Please post another note!

Enci Box
    Participant

Yes, I will take care of the hive and I will take full responsibility for it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘HoneyLove Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.