like Facebook follow Twitter watch YouTube subscribe RSS Feed

Bees need rescueing

Home Forums HoneyLove Forum Bees need rescueing

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    kacy Treadway
    Participant

I’m posting this email that a friend sent to me, hoping that someone who’s ready for bees can follow up on this.

Thanks,
    Kacy

Date: October 16, 2013 at 2:26:46 PM PDT
    To: e-mail for RIPE Altadena members <ripe@lists.ripealtadena.com>, RIPE EagleRock <eaglerock@lists.ripecommunities.com>
    Subject: [RIPE EagleRock] Hive of wild bees in Winnetka need to find new home
    Reply-To: Sharon Franklin <editrixstar@yahoo.com>, eaglerock@lists.ripecommunities.com

A friend of mine in Winnetka has been trying to protect a hive of wild bees living in a tree near her house, but the city seems determined to destroy it. They just cemented over the hole they’ve been living in. She broke them free but it’s only a matter of time before they finish the job. She has tried contacting rescue places, but everyone she has called so far would charge her $500+. Anyone interested in relocating the hive?

susan rudnicki
    Participant

The problem with this forum is, unless you log in and peruse the subjects, no one rescuing bees is likely to see this posting of services needed. We need a way for the alert to just go out to the whole membership immediately. I just saw this post myself and it is 6 days old.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘HoneyLove Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.