like Facebook follow Twitter watch YouTube subscribe RSS Feed

Bee Vac Reccomendation

Home Forums HoneyLove Forum Bee Vac Reccomendation

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Michael Gentile 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Max Morgan
    Participant

Anyone have a recommendation on a commercially made bee vac that’s somewhat portable and lightweight (i.e. can be used on top of a 28″ ladder!)? I’m not completely satisfied with the one I am currently using which is a modified “Buckethead”.

Dennis
    Participant

Check here, http://tinyurl.com/mjdulpa
    He may have something you can use.

I have a friend who can make one using a wooden nuc, you supply the vac.
    Costco has a small shop vac for $30 that works well with it.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by  Dennis.

ceebs bailey
    Participant

I concur with Dennis’ recommendation of the Stanley small shop vac at Costco. Reasonable cost, easy to handle and powerful for its size. In fact, I bet it was Dennis who recommended it to me. Give a shout if you would like to take mine for a test drive.

ceebs..

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by  ceebs bailey.

Ruth Askren
    Participant

Although I bought the Nuc adapter from Dennis’s guy and I love it, I do recommend the stronger, standard size shop vac. You can always adjust the suction down as light as you want, but it’s also nice to have the “full-strength” option for jobs where you need several legnths of hose strung together (like up on that ladder) or just for cleaning up messes. You can give mine a try as well if you like.
    Ruth

Dennis
    Participant

I have the small shop vac and also the big one. This wooden nuc vac system works with both.

Max Morgan
    Participant

One and all, many thanks for the feedback. I think I have decided to add a Bushkill Beevac to my equipment. I watched the Bushkill videos and really liked what I saw. I can see already it will save me a lot of travel time in the field on doing rechecks and recovering nuc boxes from job sites. With this crazy warm weather we’ve been having, bees are already starting to get active again in the Santa Clarita Valley.

Kirk Anderson
    Participant

The best one I have used was Ray’s he made it and it works really good. You can remove the screened cage real easy and set the bees in the shade,when ready dump them in the box where the comg is.It is the only one I have ever used that wasn’t a problem
    Kirkobeeo

Michael Gentile
    Participant

Would anyone be able to show me how to make a bee vac? I am planning on doing lots of swarm removal this year in The Valley and it sure would make things easier than shaking branches and spraying with sugar water!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Subscribe

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.