like Facebook follow Twitter watch YouTube subscribe RSS Feed

2 Nice Top Bar Hives- Must Go!

Home Forums HoneyLove Forum 2 Nice Top Bar Hives- Must Go!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ruth Askren 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Ruth Askren
    Participant

These two Top Bar hives are called “BeePods”, http://www.beepods.com – they’re made out of sustainably harvested hardwood from native American lands in Minnesota. A nice feature is that the bars fit into Langstroth boxes. Hive has a curved acrylic top to help with thermoregulation. They’re very pretty, but the former owner is switching to Langs. Looking for someone to take them (Without Bees!), I will help with disassembly and loading. In Santa Monica and Bel Aire locations. Price is negotiable.

• This topic was modified 7 months, 2 weeks ago by  Ruth Askren.

Kendra Walther
    Participant

These look like very expensive boxes — so what price range are you looking for? I am planning on keeping bees, but after doing loads of research, I’ve decided to approach my city council first and work on legislation. I love the looks of these hives, and would love to have one, but I have limited funds right now!

Ruth Askren
    Participant

Hi Kendra, The Bee Pod retail price is something like $675. I am trying to recoup $200 each for the owner. I understand that legality can be an issue, especially if your neighbors are not on board! Good luck.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Subscribe

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.