like Facebook follow Twitter watch YouTube subscribe RSS Feed

Want bees?

Home Forums Bulletin Board Want bees?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    allison alford
    Participant

I’m a beekeeper in Eagle Rock. I just split a hive of 6 mediums last week into 4 and 2 medium supers. The 4 box hive is in Eagle Rock, the 2 box hive is in Highland Park. I’m not sure which hive has the queen but I made sure both hives had eggs, honey, pollen and capped brood in the split. I’d love to keep them but it turns out I’m developing a severe allergy to bee stings. Please let me know if you’re interested as soon as possible. If you want you can move them to a new location, or it may be possible to just take over the keeping responsibilities and leave them in their current locations. They are in the backyards of very friendly folk.

George Langworthy
    Participant

Hi Allison,

I have a honeybee sanctuary with hives in a couple locations in LA and Ojai. I would be happy to take the bees to nice pesticide free location and care for them. Please give me a ring or send me an email.

Thanks,

George Langworthy
    323-868-8662
    g@georgelangworthy.com

David B
    Participant

Yes! Thanks for getting in touch with me at 323-478-2625 or email david@buzzedhoneys.com I can pick them up tomorrow if you wish.

I’m sorry to hear about your allergies! you

Kayla Stormont
    Participant

Hi Allison,

Give me a call if you still have any bees available! 808-989-0242

Thanks!
    Kayla

allison alford
    Participant

Thanks all for your responses! They are much appreciated. A local beekeeper responded to an earlier posting I made, so he’s taking over the hives.

Happy spring to all!

Best beekeeping wishes,

Allison

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Bulletin Board’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.