like Facebook follow Twitter watch YouTube subscribe RSS Feed

Hive Needs New Home

Home Forums HoneyLove Forum Hive Needs New Home

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Rehkop Margaret 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Zachary Pitts
    Participant

I left some used medium boxes and frames (no foundation) at my mother’s home a few years back (aware that a hive was likely to move in), and sure enough a hive moved in. My mother was into the hive, but recently they’ve become more aggressive (possibly outgrowing the space combined with the heat). I no longer keep bees (no space or time). Anyway, is there anyone interested? Feel free to take the boxes/frames if that makes the hive extraction easier, although I doubt the bees built the comb within the frames. I believe it is three or four boxes. Hollywood Hills. Please contact me at “zacharypitts” at the standard google email domain.

Also, I apologize if this is an inappropriate way to post about bees. I was part of a group a while back that had members always looking for wild/organic hives/swarms to grab. I think they shut down or maybe even merged with HoneyLove, but I wasn’t sure if the process has changed.

SIMON WAKLEY
    Participant

Hi, I might be interested. Where are you located?
    Simon (I’m in Glendale)

Zachary Pitts
    Participant

In the Hollywood Hills (Beachwood Canyon).

Rehkop Margaret
    Participant

My uncle also followed the same process.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Subscribe

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.