HONEY FLOW CHART
BEEKEEPING MERIT BADGE REQUIREMENTS:
1. Study a hive of bees. Remove the combs. Find the queen. Figure the amount of the brood, number of queen cells. figure the amount of honey in the hive.
2. Show the differences among the drones, workers, eggs, larvas, and pupae at different stages. Tell the differences among honey, wax, pollen, and propolis. Tell how bees make honey. Tell where wax comes from. Explain the part played in the life of the hive by the queen, the drones and the workers.
3. Hive a swarm or divide at least one colony. Explain how a hive is made.
4. Put foundations in sections or frames. Fill supers with frames or sections. Take off filled frames or sections. Take off filled supers from the hive. Fix the honey for market.
5. Write in not more than 200 words how and why the honeybee is used in pollinating farm crops. Name five crops in your area pollinated by honeybees.
Created: 1956 / Discontinued: 1995
BEE DANCE KRUMPIN - helpthehoneybees.com
WHO: Maggie Taylor
WHAT: “Girl in a bee dress”
WHAT: Help fund “Vanishing of the Bees” - 30 min. Educational Version
Help us save the honey bees!!
Your contribution directly supports the educational outreach, community action and advocacy efforts to protect the health and well-being of honey bees. HoneyLove is a 501(c)(3) tax exempt organization. Your donation is 100% tax-deductible.