like Facebook follow Twitter watch YouTube subscribe RSS Feed

Young colony offered

Home Forums HoneyLove Forum Young colony offered

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Griselda Sasayama 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Griselda Sasayama
    Participant

A swarm has taken residence in our compost bin within this past week and we do not think that we can keep it. Is anybody interested in this colony?
    Otherwise, would anybody in our area be willing to guide us through the first steps of bee keeping?
    We live in the lower Hollywood Riviera, close to South High School in South Torrance.

ceebs bailey

If you’re totally new to beekeeping, starting with bees is a tough way to go—for you and for them. It would be best to take this season to learn more about bees and get some hands-on mentoring at HoneyLove before you get your own bees next spring. They’ll wait. In the meantime, you can check the “rescue bees” page on the HoneyLove website to find a reputable bee rescuer near you.

ceebs bailey

If you’re totally new to beekeeping, starting with bees is a tough way to go—for you and for them. It would be best to take this season to learn more about bees and get some hands-on mentoring at HoneyLove before you get your own bees next spring. They’ll wait. In the meantime, you can check the “rescue bees” page on the HoneyLove website to find a reputable bee rescuer near you.

Michael Georgia
    Participant

Griselda,

You posted this 3 months ago, so I am pretty sure you have already taken care of your bee problem … but I suddenly have 2 empty hives looking for bees to move right into, and I just finished redesigning and building a new Bee vac and wanting to test it out.

Mike
    8one8 two09 49six7

Griselda Sasayama
    Participant

Yes, Michael. I had to hire somebody but i will keep you in mind for the next time. Good luck with your project. Griselda

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Subscribe

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.